Phentramin-d, one of the most popular over-the-counter diet pills, can help you to lose body weight within a very short time. But, you need to take the drug in its right dosage to get the best results. There are no dosage instructions for Phen-d apart from those given on the label of its container. This article discusses how you should take the drug to get fast results without any side effects.
Phentramin-d Dosage Instructions
The manufacturers recommend taking two doses of the medication every day. The first dose should be taken in the morning, one hour before taking your breakfast while the second dose should be taken in the afternoon, an hour before you eat your lunch.
You may also test whether you are likely to get any side effects from the drug by taking just one dose per day instead of two for a couple of days. Increase the dose once you are sure there are no side effects resulting from the pills.
Phentramin-d Directions for Usage
Here are some guidelines to help you get better and faster results with no or minimum adverse effects:
- Make sure to read the instructions given on the label of the bottle and follow them while taking the drug.
- Avoid taking a dose just after you eat something; otherwise, the food may interfere with the absorption process of the drug. Taking the pill on an empty stomach helps the body absorb it properly.
- It is recommended to take the pill early during the day so that it does not disrupt your sleeping patterns. Some of the components of the drug are likely to cause sleep disturbances if taken just before bedtime.
- Phen-d should never be used along with any other weight loss medications as it may lead to certain adverse health effects.
- It is never recommended to cut the tablets for reducing the dosage. Take the whole tablet to get the proper results.
- Take the pill with around 8 oz of water to help your body better digest it.
- Never chew or crush the tablet while taking it. You should always ingest it whole with water.
- Reduce your daily intake of caffeinated drinks while taking Phen-d.
- Taking Phentramin-d continuously over a period of more than 3 months is not recommended.
Phentramin-d Missed Dosage
In case of a missed dose, take the forgotten dosage as soon as you remember it. But, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed one and take only the scheduled dose. You should never take a double dosage to make up for the missed one.
It is advisable to seek immediate medical attention if you suspect an overdose. Drink lots of water as this helps to keep your body hydrated and prevents the medication from causing any serious harm. You may experience some or all of the following symptoms in case of an overdose:
- Extreme sleep disturbances for a few days after the overdose
- Mild to moderate headache
Following the dosage instructions correctly allows you to avoid most of the adverse effects. Consult your doctor if you develop any serious side effects after taking the medication.